Dear SimSci Software User,
This post is to provide an update on the licensing and security options from Flexera Software, who produces the security software that SimSci software products use for LAN, WAN, and Token Licensing. Flexera Software FLExNetPublisher (FNP) 11.11 and (FNP) 11.12 have reached the end of limited Lifecycle support.
In an effort to support our customers going forward, SimSci is supporting now the latest version of FlexNetPublisher, 11.14. The SimSci team is implementing the following plan:
1. Existing FNP 11.11 and FNP 11.12 security licenses will be upgraded the next time they are renewed to FNP 11.13 or FNP 11.14. However, we do recommend that you upgrade at your earliest opportunity to avoid any potential problems.
2. Older FLEXlm licenses will continue to work, however, if they stop working before the renewal period, they must be upgraded to FNP 11.13 or FNP 11.14.
3. Future installations of SimSci software will allow FNP 11.13, FNP 11.14 and respective TOKEN versions, and USB security options.
4. The latest server software install and a retrofit package to upgrade all your SimSci software to use FNP 11.14 can be downloaded from the Support Site.
5. Any customer migrating to Windows 10 will need to upgrade to FNP 11.13 or FNP 11.14 as previous versions of the server do not install in Windows 10.
We appreciate your patience through the migration and will do our best to minimize the impact on your use of our products. Please contact technical support if there are any problems.
The SimSci Team