For Simulation Builders:
- Faster and more reliable editing of curve data.
- Improved the way Snapshot variables are saved in Snapshots to support upward compatibility.
- There are now Torque and Acceleration variable types.
- Mole fractions may be in ppm.
FOR MODEL WRITERS:
- Typical Connection Models can be a stream for process simulation, or a pipe for fluid flow simulation.
- Thermo Data Manager (TDM) integration, DETHERM PPDX support, Grayson-Streed correlation, Racket liquid density method, COSTALD liquid density method, Vapor-Liquid-Water (VLWE)
- The PID controller now has mole flow and volume flow options.
Cooling Water Library:
- There is now a Reducer / Enlarger model. The Pump now has a Net Positive Suction Head calculations for NPSHR (required) and NPSHA (available); calculate efficiency from the pump performance curve.
- The Pipe is the default Connection Model; PipeRig is optional The Pipe calculates density times velocity squared variable called rhov2, commonly used for flare pipe sizing. If the Pipe Service parameter is set to InletPipe, the pressure drop is calculated to check the 3% rule, but is not applied to the relief valve inlet per API 521 practice. PipeRig uses equal length segmentation as a more reliable default setting, especially for low or zero flow and includes no-slip holdup in each segment.
- The Stack calculates Thermal Dosing Units (TDU) from Health and Safety Laboratory (HSL) report “Human Vulnerability to Thermal Radiation Offshore”.
- There is a FlowPort to FlarePort converter to create simulations consisting of both Process and FlareLib library models.
- The Pump has a Net Positive Suction Head calculations for NPSHR (required) and NPSHA (available). The Pump can calculate efficiency from the pump performance curve. PipeRig uses equal length segmentation as a more reliable default setting, especially for low or zero flow.
- There is a new Distillation Column and a three phase separator.
- Drum model has a non-equilibrium option with separate vapor and liquid holdups.
- Pump has a Net Positive Suction Head calculations for NPSHR (required) and NPSHA (available). The Pump can calculate efficiency from the pump performance curve.
- There is a new Recycle model that helps with some hard to converge recycles.
Custom Transient Flow Library:
- For sources, you can enter vapor fraction for vapor pressure calculations to perform column separation when the piping pressure is lower than the fluid vapor pressure.
- Valve model can take input from the PID and other models in the Controls library.
- New warnings for heat exchanger tube rupture.